Connecting Employers to a Qualified Workforce
Workforce Development & Education
The chamber recognizes the vital importance of maintaining and developing new and innovative workforce and job development programs to enhance and attract qualified employees. The Chamber supports:
- Initiatives that strengthen connections among students, parents, educators, and guidance counselors of career and technical education (CTE) opportunities and regionally in-demand careers.
- Efforts to improve coordination between Virginia’s employers, job training programs, and education communities to meet industry, workforce, and student needs.
- Funding for regional career and technical education communities.
- Emphasis on science, technology, engineering, math, and health (STEM-H) courses in K-12 and Virginia’s colleges and universities, in addition to coursework in areas of trades and public service, that encourage the next generation of small business owners.
- Education + Workforce Committee focuses efforts in Rockbridge County and collaborating with educators and employers on common projects and programs that focus on talent and workforce development.
- CareerFest – Held in March at the Virginia Horse Center, CareerFest introduces middle school students to careers in trades and public service.
Rockbridge Works is an interactive and educational platform for Business Owners, educators, and Job Seekers.